Quotes generally strike you when you relate to it. When you’re in a challenging situation, sometimes a quote gives you a way out or an alternate outlook towards solving your problem. Some are so pertinent, that it stays with you for your entire life.
Here are ten quotes from strong women around the world, who taught us to live boldly, live fearlessly and helped millions lead a healthier and happier life.
1. “We realize the importance of our voices only when we are silenced.” – Malala Yousafzai
This young Pakistani activist drives home a point through this quote. Women empowerment and education which found place in her struggles are brought out very well through this sentence.
2. “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
Inferiority is a state of mind that patriarchy instils in women from an early age. This one is something every little girl should be taught.
3. “I have come to realize making yourself happy is most important. Never be ashamed of how you feel. You have the right to feel any emotion you want, and do what makes you happy.” – Demi Lovato
The youth icon and brilliant singer tells the world that being happy is your right. Do not sacrifice that at any cost.
4. “If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun.” -Katharine Hepburn
Being a little out of the box and walking beyond a few boundaries is a requirement. Rules, they say, are meant to be broken once in a while. You get one life, after all. Enjoy it!
5. “Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.”– Maya Angelou
Make memories and live life to the fullest. Stop and stare at beautiful sunsets, go the extra mile for a special friend and pamper yourself once in a while. It’s important.
6. “It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends.” – J. K. Rowling
Friendship is a key component for living a healthy life. Guiding your friends and telling them when they’re wrong is part of that. Treasure your friends and stick by them.
7. “Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.” —Eleanor Roosevelt
Leave aside the petty issues and disagreements. Pave the way for better times and discuss what could make the world a better place.
8. “A woman has got to love a bad man once or twice in her life, to be thankful for a good one.” —Marjorie Kinnan
Heartbreak is okay. Give love a second or third chance. Love boldly. It really is okay if it doesn’t work out.
9. “The best protection any woman can have … is courage.”– Elizabeth Cady Stanton
Lead life with strength and most importantly, believe in yourself. That is where it all starts.
10. “The question isn’t who’s going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me.”– Ayn Rand
Take the chance. You never know what’s on the other side but it’s worth a shot.
These quotes touch upon various aspects of personal as well as professional lives where you see how you can live differently and truly make a mark. Dear Mom, stay strong!