Rosewater is known for its multi-beneficial properties. It has been used over the years in every Indian household. The usage of rosewater dates back to early Egypt when even Cleopatra used it for her skincare. The product is easily available in the market, and its use has been recommended by every Indian mother because it’s many useful properties. Some of the ways in which rosewater helps the skin are:
1. Rosewater helps maintain pH levels of skin and controls excess oil secretion.
2. It has anti-inflammatory properties that help in reducing redness of irritated skin and gets rid of acne, dermatitis, and eczema.
3. It is an excellent cleanser and helps clean clogged pores and removes dirt and oil, thus rejuvenating the skin. The open pores can take in nutrition, which makes the skin looks lively and helps to hydrate the skin and the inner dermal layers.
4. It is also known to moisturize the skin too. It has essential rose oils, which provide the skin moisture and reduces the dryness.
5. Rosewater has antibacterial properties that help in healing cuts and wounds.
6. It also has antioxidant properties that help in strengthening the skin cells and in the regeneration of skin tissues.
7. It is said to have astringent properties that contribute to tightening the skin. Rose water also helps enhance the capillary action, increasing blood flow. This leads to supply of oxygenated blood to the skin, making the skin look lively.
It is said to have astringent properties that contribute to tightening the skin. Rose water also helps enhance the capillary action, increasing blood flow. This leads to supply of oxygenated blood to the skin, making the skin look lively.
The aroma of roses is known to reduce anxiety.
It also helps reducing fine lines and wrinkles when used daily, thereby helping keep ageing skin at bay.
There are several ways in which rosewater can be used. Some of them are:
As a facial cleanser
Apply it on the skin with the help of a cotton bud like any other cleanser. It works magically on the skin. If kept in the fridge, it works even better. When applied under the eyes, it reduces puffiness and redness.
To remove make-up
When applied with coconut oil with the help of a cotton bud, it acts as the best makeup remover. It wipes off makeup perfectly and at the same time moisturizes the skin. It does not act harshly on the skin and provides the correct amount of moisture the skin needs.
To remove tan and reduce stress
Mix rosewater with gram flour and lemon juice to make a smooth paste and apply to the skin and keep it for 15 minutes. It helps in removing tan. When added to normal creams or almond creams and applied to the skin, it helps in providing moisture. It can be added to the bathing water, which gives a fresh feel and helps reduce stress.