Indian neighbors are an extended part of your family. Be it family get-togethers or celebrations of any kind, they end up inviting themselves without any formal invitation. Your neighbors can be annoying, loud and insensitive even though they appear to be the most angelic to everyone else.
In an Indian scenario, it is like you are in a live-in relationship with your neighbor. They know your schedule in and out, they know your likes and dislikes, and they even happen to know about your bad and good days. More than your mother, sneaking in late is a taboo because of your nosy neighbors.
These are a couple of hilarious things neighbor do.
1. At some point or the other, your neighbor will run out of vital ingredients that they cannot do without. Ignoring the supermarket right around the corner, they will end up at your doorstep. You being the kind to drive your neighbor out of your sight at the earliest, will end up providing them with their week’s ration because they do not remember the exact quantity they require.
2. If you live in an apartment, no matter how many times you reiterate the issue of your neighbors washed clothes in your balcony, they do not seem to understand the seriousness of having to look at other people’s underwear or bed sheets. Is it too hard for them to use clips to prevent the embarrassment? How about taking down your clothes when you know it is going to rain before they promptly fall into another’s balcony?! They do not realize that it might not embarrass them as much as it would you, the person who has to return all your fallen clothes out of courtesy.
3. Your neighbor always ends being an extreme opposite of you. If you thought you were fairly clean, they want the neighborhood absolutely spick and span. Your garbage happens to come in their way no matter how much you try to please them. If you like the peace and quiet neighborhood, your neighbor ends up being the noisiest person around.
4. Everyone else’s neighbor sounds civilized and sophisticated, except yours. While your friends brag about their awesome neighbors that brought you a delicious meal when they were unwell, yours ends up taking food from you. You just have bad luck when it comes to neighbors.
5. It is amazing how your neighbors think they are doing a great job in being subtle while asking you for your Wifi password. All those ridiculous excuses will definitely make you laugh at some point or the other. Somehow, all their emergencies can be solved with your Wifi password.
6. You have caught them staring at you from their window. Do they realize they are not being very incognito about it? In most cases, they do and they do not care. This routine will continue until you invite them in and that is a burden you do not want to bear.
7. Unnecessary concerns about your child are the worst about neighbors. The moment you invite them in, your baby will not be yours. Forget about the thought of having them out of the house anytime soon.
8. Neighbors all around the world are nosy. Their social life begins and ends with the happenings of your household. They are not ashamed of talking to you about it either. They know more about you and your family than you do.
9. If you are in a hurry to get somewhere, you are definitely going to be late in the off chance that you bump into your neighbor. The meaningless, prolonged conversation picks the aptest timings to get you in trouble. No matter how much you try to hasten the conversation to an end, your endeavor is going in vain. It will feel like all your built-up patience level is solely for this moment.
10. Somehow, every time you are making good food, your neighbor has something important to tell you. Invariably they get invited to share the meal you have put an effort into making, pleasing your neighbors instead. The smell of cakes, pastries, pudding, and maybe continental dishes end up inviting your neighbors without a glitch of guilt.