The moment mom says, “It’s time. Go to sleep” and the kid is like “whatever”. Have we ever thought the reason behind this attitude of the kids? Naah. When suddenly your angelic kid bursts in and says, “Shut up! Get the hell out of here.” We take it as their arrogance or may be childish nature. But, somewhere deep down the right answer lies.
A kid’s habit of talking back may be due to various reasons such as depression, attention seeking, frustration, anger, peer pressure and much more. But, when we must face such a situation what would be the ideal way to deal with it? Here are some of the ways in which we can deal with the kids who talk back.
6 WAYS TO DEAL WITH KIDS WHO TALKS BACK
1. PREVENTION IS BETTER THAN CURE – The moment you feel that your kid’s behavior is changing, try to control the situation before it goes out of hand.
2. BREAK THE ICE – Sometimes it so happens that kids feel alone and depressed. This turns them into a loner. And they stop talking to anyone. Make sure that you break the ice first and make your kid feel loved.
3. DON’T LET THEM CROSS THE RED LINE – There’s a thin line between caring and pampering. Once you start pampering your kid he/she is sure to take it for granted and that is when they cross the line and behave in a way which isn’t right.
4. KEEP CALM – Don’t lose your composure at any cost. Your anger will cause more complications. Don’t lash out words at him, instead make him understand what is the right way to behave. Don’t let your anger overpower your words.
5. SPYING DOESN’T HURT – Become a detective and keep an eye on your kids. It may feel odd but it’s for the best. Maybe they are imitating a famous tv actor or actress and trying to act as an adult. Keep a check on the type of movies they see, books they read and sites they follow.
6. FIND THE REAL REASON – Just as the saying goes “Appearances can be deceptive”. So, don’t just judge by the cover look deep within. What we see may not be what it really is. May be the kid is back talking because he/she is being bullied in school, or has some personal issues. Ask your child questions like “How was the day in school?”, “What all happened today?” and so on.
So, the next time you have to deal with your back talking kid just don’t lose yourself and work it out before it’s too late to stop him. Love is all that you need to create someone’s character or destroy it.